The Library Herald
James Weinheimer
2014-08-26 11:02:41 UTC
Apologies for cross-posting

I would like to announce that I have created a Library News website,
that I call "The Library Herald" at http://libnews.jweinheimer.net/

I have tried to add most of the main topics in librarianship, but what I
know best are "Technology" and "Cataloging" so they are the best covered
at the moment. To find the sources I am using, you can see them under
each topic, e.g. Acquisitions has Acquisitions Sources, and so on. Some
of these are rather sparse.

I have added the Google Translate widget, plus if you look at the RSS
feeds, under Subscribe & More, you can see "Feed RSS", where there are
feeds in several languages. I did this as an experiment. You can see the
Russian translation of the Technology RSS Feed: http://bit.ly/1p6EW3L.
It doesn't look as if the feeds are complete, but oh well....

I based this site on an older version that I have used for several years
now, http://www.jweinheimer.net/news/librarynews.html and I just wanted
to try something new to help me learn WordPress.

Please feel free to share this with all and sundry who may be
interested. And of course, if you have any suggestions for other sites
or any other suggestions and comments, please let me know.

James Weinheimer ***@gmail.com First Thus
http://blog.jweinheimer.net First Thus Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/FirstThus Cooperative Cataloging Rules
http://sites.google.com/site/opencatalogingrules/ Cataloging Matters
Podcasts http://blog.jweinheimer.net/cataloging-matters-podcasts

[delay +30 days]
Dan Matei
2014-08-26 11:22:39 UTC
Bravo, dear James !

Dan

PS. My only suggestion (first impression :-) would be: add icons (or different background colours) to the items, in order to signal your
cathegory. Helpful for lasy readers (like me), in case of metaphoric titles :-)

Dan Matei
director, Direcția Patrimoniu Cultural Mobil, Imaterial și Digital [Movable, Intangible and Digital Heritage Department]
Institutul Național al Patrimoniului [National Heritage Institute], București [Bucharest, Romania]
Piața Presei Libere nr. 1, CP 33-90
tel. 0725 253 222, (+4)021 317 90 72; fax (+4)021 317 90 64

[delay +30 days]
James Weinheimer
2014-08-26 11:31:00 UTC
My only suggestion (first impression:-) would be: add icons (or different background colours) to the items, in order to signal your
cathegory. Helpful for lasy readers (like me), in case of metaphoric titles:-)
Nice idea. I'll have to see if I am good enough to do it!